East Northants District Council has recently approved a draft of the Local Plan part 2 for consultation. When adopted it will form part of the statutory development plan for East Northamptonshire, providing local policy guidance for future planning applications submitted within the District.
Preparation of the Plan has included workshops with many of the Town and Parish Councils, for which your input to date has been welcomed. There is now an opportunity to consider the Plan and provide the Council with your representations.
The Plan covers the following issues:
- District-level Area Portrait, Vision and Outcomes and spatial development strategy;
- Natural and Social Capital – natural environment, built environment cultural and tourism policies;
- Economic Prosperity – employment, retail and town centre policies;
- Housing delivery – strategic site allocations, housing mix, tenure, need, specialist housing policies;
- Town Strategies – site specific redevelopment and town re-imagination policies;
- andMonitoring and Implementation – Plan monitoring indicators
In accordance with the Local Plan Regulations, the consultation Plan is now subject to a six-week period of consultation, from Friday, 2 November, ending at 4.30pm on Monday, 17 December 2018. The consultation documents may be accessed through the Council’s web page Alternatively, hard copies are available to view during normal opening hours at:
- Customer Service Centre, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ (8.45am-5pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 9.45am-5pm Wednesday)
- Customer Service Centre, Newton Road, Rushden, NN10 0PT (9am-4.30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; 9.45am-4:30pm Wednesday)
- Customer Service Centre, Oundle Library, Glapthorn Road, Oundle, PE8 4JA (10am – 1pm, Monday to Friday)
- Libraries at Oundle, Thrapston, Higham Ferrers, Irthlingborough and Raunds (opening times and other details are available from Northamptonshire County Council)