Date: 26th August 2021
Members of the public and press are invited to attend, the meeting of Great Addington Parish Council to be held in the Memorial Hall on 2nd September 2021 at 7.45pm to transact the following business
Mrs Dawn Cummins (Clerk/RFO to the Council)
Tel: 07599 032350
21/250 To receive and accept apologies for absence. (Reason for absence to be advised)
21/251 Approval of Minutes. To approve the Minutes of the Council Meeting held 9th June 2021 as a correct record
- Review action log
21/252 Declaration of interest by any Councillor who has a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest or other interest in any of the following agenda items.
21/253 To receive information requests/comments from members of the public in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Standing orders.
21/254 To resolve to exclude members of the public from the meeting when agenda items containing confidential information are transacted.
21/255 Neighbourhood Watch
- To receive a presentation from East Northamptonshire Neighbourhood Watch – Christine and Kathy MacKenzie
21/256 Minor Items:
- To receive reports from Unitary representatives
- To receive and note applications and decisions notified by NNC Planning Services
- NE-21-00983-FUL – Decision notice
- NE-21/01248/TPO/ – Tree Preservation Order
- To receive and note correspondence/reports/publications from other organisations (circulated previously)
- To receive and approve the monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation.
- To approve payments in accordance with relevant legislation.
The Council will approve the monthly schedule of payments once confirmation has been received that the proposed transactions have been budgeted accurately.
- Payment to JME Ground Services Ltd for June 2021 All Saints Church mowing (7952). PAY000191 – £264.60 inclusive of 20% VAT (Local Government Act 1972, s 215).
- Payment of the Clerk’s salary (April – June 2021) PAY 000192 – £428.09 (Local Government Act 1972, s112)
- Payment to HM Revenue and Customs for PAYE (April – June 2021) PAY 000193 – £284.80 (Local Government Act 1972, s112)
- Payment to Unity Trust Bank plc for service charges (July – September 2021) PAY 000188 – £18.00 (Local Government Act 1972, s111)
- Payment to Lloyds Bank for credit card (purchase of litter pick sticks) – PAY 000190 – £40.88 (local Government Act 1972, s215)
- Payment to EON for street lighting energy – PAY 000189 – £100.83 inclusive of 5% VAT (Parish Councils Act 1957, s3)
21/258 To note the latest details of this Council’s Action Plan; receive and note reports prepared by Champions of projects;
- Traffic calming measures. Cllr Fischelis
Update on activity since the last meeting
- Neighbourhood plan. Cllr Scott following meeting with Nick Palmer
- Footpath Improvement. Cllr D Barclay
Update on any activity since the last meeting.
- Village enhancement.
Progress on Scheme of Works – Cllr Scott – additional quote from current contractor plus 2 further quotes to be obtained by the Clerk
Arthurs Seat – Cllr Fischelis
21/259 Community – To receive and note issues of concern raised by residents:
- New families welcome pack for village – Cllr Johnson
- Traffic calming outside the church – feedback following letter sent to residents affected – Clerk
- Dates for Village surgeries – Cllr Scott
- Defibrillator – Cllr Scott
- To approve the Council’s copy for the October 2021 issue of Saints Alive! and the local press
21/260 To receive meeting/training reports from Councillors (where not otherwise specified on the agenda)
The different role of a Town or Parish Councillor – 13th/14th September
GDPR Update – 21st September
Intro to Employment Law – 23rd September
Freedom of Information and how to deal with Vexatious requests – 28th September
Chairmanship training – 11th October
Planning Nuts and Bolts – 12th October
21/261 To confirm any additional business to be included on the agenda of the next meeting
21/262 To confirm the list of action items from this meeting
21/263 To confirm the date and time of the next meeting of the Council which is scheduled for Wednesday 13th October 2021 at 7.45pm