Date: 3 August 2022
Members of the public and press are invited to attend the meeting of Great Addington Parish Council to be held in the Memorial Hall on 10 August at 7.45pm to transact the following business.
22/410 To receive and accept apologies for absence. (Reason for absence to be advised.)
22/411 Declaration of interest by any Councillor who has a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest or other interest in any of the following agenda items.
22/412 To receive information requests/comments from members of the public in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Standing orders.
22/413 To resolve to exclude members of the public from the meeting when agenda items containing confidential information are transacted.
22/414 Approval of Minutes. To approve the Minutes of the Council Meeting held on 13 July 2022 as a correct record.
22/415 Review action log including actions arising from the internal control check.
22/416 Minor Items:
- To receive reports from NNC representative
- To receive and note applications and decisions notified by NNC Planning Services
- To receive and note correspondence/reports/publications from other organisations (circulated previously)
- To carry out the Q1 review of the budget
- To receive and approve the monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation – net balance of £24,146.12 at 31 July 2022.
- To approve payments in accordance with relevant legislation and once confirmation has been received that the proposed transactions have been budgeted accurately.
- Payment to Lloyds Bank (July 2022) Bank Charges – PAY 000250 – £3.00 (Local Government Act 1972, s111)
- Payment of Clerk’s salary to E Scott (July 2022) – PAY000251 – £285.27 (Local Government Act 1972, s112)
- Payment to NPower for street lighting (Apr 2022 – Jun 2022) – PAY 000252 – £183.49 (Parish Councils Act 1957, s3)
- Payments to JME Ground Services Ltd – Maintenance of Closed Churchyard Invoices 8535 (July 2022) – PAY000253 for £111.00 inc. 20% VAT (Local Government Act 1972, s215)
- Payment to Clerk for purchase of a VT Transaction+ subscription, PAY000254 for £90.00 inc. 20% VAT (Local Government Act 1972, s111)
- Payment to First Responder Team (22/405 a) (i) refers) – PAY000255 for £50 (Local Government Act 1972, s137)
22/418 To note the latest details of this Council’s Action Plan and receive and note reports prepared by Champions of projects:
- Traffic calming measures Cllr M Scott and Clerk
- Update on village gates and to approve a budget of up to £5000 (Highways Act 1980, s274a)
- Update on double yellow lines
- Neighbourhood plan. Cllr M Scott
Update on any activity since the last meeting.
- Footpath Improvement. Cllrs D Barclay and M Scott
- Update on swing gates and to approve a budget of up to £2000 (Local Government Act 1972, s 145)
- Update on any other activity since the last meeting.
- Village enhancement.
- Arthurs Seat – Cllrs Hoier and Scott
- Canopy of Trees – To consider and approve the purchase of a commemorative steel plaque from the Royal British Legion. A5 size is £119.99, A4 size is T129.99, inc. VAT @ 20%. (Additional £25 inc VAT for stakes.)
- Keir’s 1st 100 days – works added to the list and responses received. Cllr Scott
- Stepping Stones – to consider a project to reinstate the Stepping Stone pathway. Cllr Scott
- Civility and Respect Pledge (NALC) – Cllr Scott
To note details of the pledge and consider GAPC’s response
- Community Inclusion – Cllr Pidd
Update on the Good Neighbours coffee morning
- Saints Alive
To approve the Council’s copy for the August 2022 issue of Saints Alive!
- Village WhatsApp Group – The Clerk and all Councillors
To consider options for setting up/supporting a WhatsApp group(s)
22/420 Councillor and Clerk training and conferencing
- To note and consider training/conferencing options for Councillors and Clerk
- Grow Green Together (Nacre) – Monday September 12th, 10:00 to 16:00
- 75th Northants CALC Annual Conference – Sat 1 October 2022, 10:00 to 15:30
- Empowering Parish and Town Councils – 14 September 2022 10:00-12:00 or
19 September 2022 19:00-21:00
- How to Write a Winning Funding Bid – 28 November 2022 19:00-21:00
6 December 2022 10:00-12:00
- Assets of Community Value – Date TBC
- Writing a Successful Business Case – Date TBC
- receive meeting/training reports from Councillors (where not otherwise specified on the agenda)
22/421 To confirm any additional business to be included on the agenda of the next meeting
22/422 To confirm the list of action items from this meeting
22/423 To confirm the date and time of the next meeting of the Council which is scheduled for Wednesday 14 September 2022 at 7.45pm