Volunteers wanted – could you attend a meeting in Great Addington Memorial Hall at 7.30pm on Friday, 3rd November 2017?
Great Addington Parish Council has been asked to investigate the possibility of upgrading the surface of Bridleway MA8 from Pearl Cottage, Lower Street to the River Nene. The objective is to provide better access for cyclists and pedestrians to the “Greenway” that follows the route of the old Wellingborough – Thrapston railway line. Estimates of the cost of the project are in the region of £40,000. There is a strong probability that 75% of this figure could be available from East Northants District Council Community Facilities Fund. The time scale to secure funding from ENDC is short and the Parish Council is looking for help from parishioners with a range of tasks necessary before a formal application can be made.
- Gathering evidence of public support for an upgraded path.
- Negotiating with landowners.
- Liaising with County Council Highways Dept., The Ramblers Association and British Horse Society.
- Identifying means of raising £10,000.
- Writing technical specifications.
- Obtaining detailed quotations.
Your help would be appreciated, please come along if you can.Share