The following text has been submitted to Saints Alive! for publication in the November 2017 issue.
- Cllr Chris Johnson has recently been co-opted to fill the casual vacancy following Cllr Rob Blackburn’s resignation in July. Cllr Johnson is pleased to have the opportunity to serve her community and Great Addington now has a full council of seven members.
- Cllr Nick Palmer (Chairman) will lay a wreath on the war memorial tablet outside All Saints Church to commemorate Remembrance Day on Sunday 12th November 2017. The ceremony will take place at the end of the Remembrance Service at approximately 10:15 am and it is a fitting tribute to the men from Great Addington who died for their country. All are welcome.
- Inconsiderate parking has constantly been raised as an issue of concern for residents and the Council is looking at a local initiative supported by Northamptonshire Police and Rural Action to see if this would be effective in Great Addington. Drivers are advised to ensure the following when parking their vehicles in accordance with rules 238-252 of the Highway Code:
- Do not wait or park on double yellow lines at any time (Rule 238)
- Do not leave a vehicle in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road (Rule 242)
- Do not park anywhere which prevents access for Emergency Services, in front of an entrance to a private property or on a bend (Rule 243)
- Do not park partially or wholly on the pavement as this can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs (Rule 244)